How strong is the safety cell of a BMW?

Judge for yourselves here.
http://www.wreckedexotics.com /
I know we don't like looking at shamed BMW's, but full marks to the engineers who make the chassis!
Jason

waffled on about something:

I recently tested this myself. The E36 doesn't get a very good safety rating on most reports, but I have no complaints about my old one.
Whilst stationary I had a white van man park himself into the boot/trunk at an estimated 35-40mph. I have to go on the speed the guy in the body shop estimated as I didn't even see the guy coming, I was looking to the right for a gap on the roundabout.
I drove home, he certainly didn't.
Unfortunately due to my towbar I gained a bent boot floor which rendered the car beyond economical repair, which was a bit annoying as it was a nice clean car, and would probably pass an MOT with just one new rear light glass. It still drove/drives and stops in a straight line, with only the rattle from the redesigned exhaust to let me know something's not quite right round the back!
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

The best !!!, my son is alive thanks to it, E26 hit by a Volvo on the passenger side, dragged 37 ft over a curb, sidewalk, road and gravel against a final rest on a concrete power pole .... My son was home that night, the passenger spent 3 days in the hospital, but was back to normal in 2 weeks, only thing able to savage from the 318 was one (1) rear wheel. Damm good German steel tubes did it.