How to avoid a common fraud

Still looking for an E46. Odometer reprogramming is a concern to me, as it has become people's favourite sport here in Greece. Is there a way to check odometer calibration on this car? Other than checking the service
books and so on. TIA
If a car has high miles, then it should also have worn seats and carpets, particularly the driver side. Look for obvious signs of wear and age, and if there aren't any, you can be reasonably sure that the car has the miles it says. If you are not comfortable with that, then buy a new car.
You have to go into a used car purchase with the idea that everybody on the planet is not a crook. If you are convinced that we are all crooks, then your only safe buy is a new car.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Jeff Strickland says...

The golden rule is "everything should match"; all the wear should be equal, so mats (or carpets), pedals, and most importantly, if original, steering wheels. A good look at a steering wheel can tell you a lot about a car. Especially if leather.
--
Bear
BMW 740iL - Stately progress for the mature gentleman

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Jeff Strickland says...

I didn't say damage, I was talking about *wear*.

So do I. In fact, I couldn't agree with me more on that one.