How to override Television block on TV navi

Page 2 of 2

You are quite right.
--
Sam

Television requires eyes. Radio requires ears.
Driving can be done without ears. Driving cannot be done without eyes.
-Russ.

Well duh. I meant if you were a responsible driver and were just 'listening' to it and all you wanted to do was let the passenger watch.
--
Sam

Sam Smith wrote:

Except that with the LCD screen right on the dash in front of your face, it would be far too tempting to "sneak a peak" when something intereting comes on.
-Fred W

That's what rear-seat mounted systems allow you to do.
Having it play within the driver's field of view is a potentially hazardous distraction.
-Russ.

Clearly you haven't driven in Spain. They're right up there with Greece & Italy....
cds
Kam Oe wrote:

We are *driving* enthusiasts, not 'couch potatoes'.

<breathless> Oh, dear! How *would* a passenger desperately wanting towatch TV be able to *survive* a ride in a car without one? </breathless>
Deal with it.

None that override the dangerous distraction it causes.

[Hopefully, you understand American English useages well:] *Bullshit*! While it would be quite easy for me to find and offer this knowledge, I absolutely refuse to do so ... and it has nothing to do with envy. However, your thinking that it does says a lot about your own reasons for owning such a penile replacement device.

Then go *buy one* so you can win this little "Que es mas macho?" game.

Maybe not, but it's at least as *dumb* an idea as it is here.

Really anoying when you're dealing with someone who *does* know the answers and simply won't tell you, huh? If you'd done a simple search in this group, you'd have seen our propensity to do that. But you're not that smart, either, are you? -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)
Sorry, can't do it. If the passenger was in the back seat, AND the TV screen was on the back of a headrest, then the passenger could watch TV. If the screen is within sight of the driver, it must not be operative while the vehicle is in motion.

Kam Oe wrote:

Call Unique Whips and they'll fix you right up.
Jeff

You could well be in the running for the best alt.autos.bmw troll of 2005. We'll be in touch with you towards the end of the year to confirm your eligibility for the prize.
Meanwhile, feel free to enter for the competition as many times as you want. The more times you enter, the better your chance of winning!
--
Dan.

which there is an proper answer. |Why do you think the query was a troll?
--
snipped-for-privacy@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk

Ummm.. let me see.
Because of the quality, volume and content of the responses?
Yours included? Do you see?
--
Dan.

Yes I have I's, but do ewe?
My answer gave him a link to the product he was after.
--
snipped-for-privacy@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk

What you need is one of these
http://www.tvfree-modules.com/products-mini-e46-e39-x3-x5-z4.html
And they do work ;-)
But you need to patch a black box into the car electronics, and there is a special override set of keystrokes that you can use to hide the feature lol! You can download the manuals to check out whether or not you feel comfortable doing it.
Good luck, and be careful, and while you are at it, you can get a stereo input from your mp3 player.