How to remove business CD

How do I remove the front dash/CD player cover so that I can access the rear of the unit? I need to add a device to the FM antenna. TIA

You need a T10 (Torx Size 10) Screw driver to do this.
Remove the Volume knob from the main unit and there is a small T10 screw. Turn this COUNTER clockwise 90 degrees or so and pull out. This will swing the main unit outward towards the passenger seat.
Once that is removed there are 2 Pointed Gold "things" on the bottom of the Business CD. Next to each of these is another T10 screw. Turn these both counter clockwise as far as you can. This will allow for the business CD to be pulled out and have access to the rear of the unit.
Reinstall in reverse order.
-Branden
How do I remove the front dash/CD player cover so that I can access the rear of the unit? I need to add a device to the FM antenna. TIA
Thanks. Sounds simple enough.

Hmmm...I only see an opaque plastic piece under the volume knob. Are these instructions applicable to the Business CD in an '01 E46 330ciSP?

If you're lucky, the radio installation in your '01 is the same as in later years (sorry, I don't know), and so you might be able to use the info in this DIY to access the radio:
http://www.my330i.com/mod26.php
--
Darryl Okahata
snipped-for-privacy@soco.agilent.com

sgfan3 wrote:

Ummm.... what model? It varies by model. I see you got instructions that will work for an E39-5-series, but there was also a Business CD available in the late Z3's - which is an entirely different beast.
BTW - the late E39 systems can be modified with a kit from BMW to take external audio - which is a much better solution than putting an FM modulator in line with the antenna lead. Also - the antenna lead on the E39 is not a standard Motorola connector (standard for US devices) - so you may find adding something a tad more difficult.
HTH
Sorry!!! The car I am referring to is a 2001 E46 330CI SP.