How to remove hood strut on 1995 E36

The hood struts on my E36 need to be replaced and I ordered replacements but I haven't been able to figure out how to remove the bad struts. It looks like there is a pin rather than a bolt that hold
it on to the frame and the hood. Any ideas for how to remove this?
engelfisch wrote:

If they're anything like my E38 you remove a retaining clip either end and press them off.
With a little screwdriver, prise the clip on each end off and then it will just pull off the ball socket. Replace them one at a time to make it easier.

Thanks! That worked.