How to replace LEDs in e36 instrument cluster?

I have a 1995 M3 with three LEDs out in the dash -- dark spots in the speedo, fuel gauge, and tach. How hard is it to replace these myself?
How hard is it to pull the cluster? Can I buy individual LEDs to
replace those that are kaput? From Radio Shack maybe? Can I swap them in myself with my trusty solder gun?
Thanks,
Randy
LEDs? I think you have three burned out lamps.
We are talking about the lamps that illuminate the instruments, right? Those are lamps, not LEDs. And, yes you can replace them once you get the instrument panel out. They should be common lamps, but you may find that the dealership is the only source.

Randy wrote:

It's impossible to replace those LEDs. But the small incandescent instrument bulbs are not nearly so bad. Luckily for you that's what you have to replace as there are no LEDs in the areas that you mentioned.
Finding the right ones is always a trick. Use this site to find what you need: http://www.realoem.com/bmw /
Then, my best source for buying them has been: http://www.autohausaz.com /
--
-Fred W
Toys for sale, Hey get your toys here:

Jack wrote: ...

Excellent, and encouraging! Thanks for the info, guys.
Randy
Hi Jack.
I have a 1993 E36 318i.
My right indicator is blown. Does the same procedure apply to me?

Yes. The turn signal bulbs are the easiest to find because they are the highest ones but they are the most difficult to remove because the are somewhat hidden by the shape of the bowls for the tach and speedo. Stick a mirror up there first so you're sure what you're after.