How to replace radio with cassette to radio cd player?

I purchased a BMW CD player on EBAY to replace the stock cassette radio in my 1999 bmw 323I. Can I just plug in the new unit or is there a security code I need from the person I purchased it from?

message

hang on there's so much information here I'll have to spend some time thinking it through.....
I happen to be in the same situation. Is there some online guide on how to swap the head unit in a E46? I know that i have to remove the aluminium trim so that i can see the two screws that are on the right and left side of the unit. I still wonder how this can be done smoothly without causing any damage.