How to Reset Oil change display on 2001 325CI?

I took my car in for an oil change but the tech did not know how to reset the display that tells you when the next oil change is due. I know it's some sequence of
pressing the buttons on the instrument panel but I can't figure it out. Can anyone help?
Ed in Calif.

If it has the iDrive then try this
Switch on the ign - don't start engine - press the mileage trip button until the " ! " shows on the dash the press it again - the service reset will show in the speedo display. scroll down till you find the one you need and reset.
if you get it wrong don't worry. switch of the ign wait 20 seconds and start again
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor

No U.S. E46 has iDrive. The E90 has it only when Navigation is ordered.
Tom
I have a 325Cic and you're right, it's a combination of things to reset the display (from Bavarian Auto)
You can reset the SI (Service Interval) indicator yourself using your BMW's key and the trip odometer button. This procedure applies to all 3 series 6/00 thru 05 and 5 series 6/00 thru 03. 1. With key in OFF position, press and hold odometer reset button. Turn the key to the ACCESSORY position. 2. Keep button depressed for about 5 seconds, until either of the following appear in the display: OIL SERVICE or INSPECTION, with RESET or Re. 3. Press the button again and hold until RESET or Re flashes. 4. (5 series only) Service due is shown with RESET if the measured consumption limit has been reached and resetting is possible. If RESET is not shown, the minimum limit has not been reached and resetting is not possible at this time. 5. While display is flashing, press button briefly to reset the SI indicator. 6. After display has shown the new interval, the following will appear in the display for approximately 2 seconds: END SIA. NOTE: The SI can only be reset after the vehicle has been driven 50 to 75 miles (consumes at least 2.5 gallons of fuel). As noted above, if the display does not show RESET when attempting to do a reset, then the minimum driving distance has been fulfilled and the system can be reset. You should also know that changing the position of the key while performing an SI reset will abort the procedure.

I have it now - thanks to all.
Ed