How to Reset Oil Change mileage on 2001 325 iS

I want to start doing my oil changes, easy enough, but does anyone know how to reset the mileage counter that tells you it's time for an oil change? I know it's some sequence of pressing
the buttons on the dash but I don't know the exact sequence and the dealer won't tell me. (Can't imagine why :)
thanks, Ed in Calif
I have the same questyion fo ra 1983 318i. It is driving me nuts trying to find out how to reset the #&$% thing.
TIA

Try this link. Your car has the 'early type' connector.
http://www.bmwe30.net/cgi-bin/datacgi/database.cgi?file=articles&report=view&ID 042&Section

Try doing a Google on BMW service indicator. It will give you plenty reading over Xmas...
--
*My designated driver drove me to drink