How to secure floor mats

OK, not a hi tech question. I bought aftermarket mats for my 1996 E38. The front ones have grommet holes about 2 cm in diameter. The floor and the carpet in the front have grooves/holes that match the grommet spacing, but I can't figure out what type of device to use to secure the mats to the floor.

Thanks to all.

Reply to
Sun God

The factory mats have a plastic insert which fits into the holes and secure by turning the "plug" half a turn. I think you would have to be extremely luck to find a mechanism which would fit the BMW floor plug. Maybe you could go to a dealer and look at how the stock mats are attached, but I doubt you would be able to adapt anything to it.

You could always just use some Velcro fasteners to keep the mats in place.

As an aside, I looked at all kinds of aftermarket mats and found that the BMW mats not only looked great (color and fit) and (obviously) fit perfectly, but they were also priced very competitively with any aftermarket product.

Reply to
tech27