How to set up the clock on OBC (323i)

Hi there,
I just got a 99 323i, My OBC only display outside temperature.
When I put the ignition key in position 0, I press the left button in the instrument cluster, I can see the clock.
When I put the ingnition key in position 1, I cannot call up the clock by pressing the 'BC' button in the turn signal lever. It alwayse display outside temperature.
Is it because my car is not equipted with onboard computer?