I need a motor for a 1984 BMW 318 I

I have a 1984 BMW 318 I manual transmission. I need a motor for this car. Where can I get a good one? I live in U.S.A. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, any suggestions on a motor and or garage to do the job?

I have a mechanics I would use but I am not tied to him. So I am willing to purchase the motor from a certain location and bring it to the garage or take it to another location to have the work done.

Lex

Might I suggest that you take the money you'll spend on an engine and use it as a down payment on another car.

Not to rip you too hard, but a used M10 engine, installed, will be double the value of the car, assuming $350 for the engine and $800 install at a shop.

Brett Anderson

Reply to
KMS - Brett Anderson