I want a garage with a Lift

My house has a 7 ft. garage door installed in a garage with a 12 ft. ceiling. I want to install a lift for my car, but when the garage door is open, I have about 5 feet of unused space between the garage door
and the ceiling. I would like to install more vertical track and longer cables so that when the door is open it's 1 foot (or so) from the ceiling instead of 5 feet.
Anyone ever done this? Got any ideas?
Tom

roller doors are becoming popular in the UK...........a domestic version of the industrial type. This leaves all that space easily accessible
http://www.all-in-one.co.uk/html/garage_doors.html

I don't see why you can't. My garage has 12 foot ceilings with 9 foot doors. The door tracks extend upward (higher than the door) by about 2 feet, yielding about 11 feet of clearance. I bought and installed a Revolution lift (made by Rotary Lift) and it worked out well although I can't raise the lift to it's full height because the car roof would hit the garage door opener motor. An option would be to re-mount the motor upside down and reverse the sensors, but in my case it was not necessary.
The cars I store on and under the lift are 60's vintage classics and they are low enough to fit.
A picture may be viewed at:
http://www.eisboch.com/Lift1small.jpg
RCE

Nice. But which "60's vintage classic" is that black job in the foreground?
-- Larry

Variety is the spice of life, you know. :-) (It's an '02 Porsche 996 TT)
RCE

can you call by and help me.............
http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co.uk/Garage.htm
Lez Pawl wrote:

Hehehe! That's how a garage really looks. Mine included, even though I have jammed in 3 bikes and 2 cars into it. On 50 square metres. :-P
--
Lighthouses are more helpful than churches. -- Benjamin Franklin

... You can give me that General Lee... =)
Very nice Rides you have there. I would LOVE to own a replica of the General, your a lucky man.
-Branden