I want a garage with a Lift

My house has a 7 ft. garage door installed in a garage with a 12 ft. ceiling. I want to install a lift for my car, but when the garage door is open, I have about 5 feet of unused space between the garage door and the ceiling. I would like to install more vertical track and longer cables so that when the door is open it's 1 foot (or so) from the ceiling instead of 5 feet.

Anyone ever done this? Got any ideas?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

roller doors are becoming popular in the UK...........a domestic version of the industrial type. This leaves all that space easily accessible

Lez Pawl

I don't see why you can't. My garage has 12 foot ceilings with 9 foot doors. The door tracks extend upward (higher than the door) by about 2 feet, yielding about 11 feet of clearance. I bought and installed a Revolution lift (made by Rotary Lift) and it worked out well although I can't raise the lift to it's full height because the car roof would hit the garage door opener motor. An option would be to re-mount the motor upside down and reverse the sensors, but in my case it was not necessary.

The cars I store on and under the lift are 60's vintage classics and they are low enough to fit.

A picture may be viewed at:

RCE

Reply to
RCE

Nice. But which "60's vintage classic" is that black job in the foreground?

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

Variety is the spice of life, you know. :-) (It's an '02 Porsche 996 TT)

RCE

Reply to
RCE

can you call by and help me.............

Lez Pawl

... You can give me that General Lee... =)

Very nice Rides you have there. I would LOVE to own a replica of the General, your a lucky man.

-Branden

Reply to
Branden Nelsen

Hehehe! That's how a garage really looks. Mine included, even though I have jammed in 3 bikes and 2 cars into it. On 50 square metres. :-P

Reply to
BBO