In Canada, can I buy extended warranty? 2003 330xi 80k klms

I am buying a private sale 330xi, just out of warranty, can I buy an extended? One stealer told me they had to buy it, certify it, then sell it back to me!
Bastards!!! The 80k certification was done last week, and the lease ends feb 24, 2006. I want to buy it but I want an extended warranty! TIA
if you want BMW certified series protection plan, it is only available while new car warranty is in effect and only available when you buy the car from a BMW dealer. this is likely what you are referring to.
there are aftermarket warranties available thru my dealer and they have nothing to do with changing ownership but they are not from BMW.
snipped-for-privacy@canada.com

Sharkman540i wrote:

You would have to buy a 3rd party extended warranty. BMWNA will not sell the "certified" car warranty unless they sell the car and of course, they mark it up a ton.
--
-Fred W
Toys for sale, Hey get your toys here: