Indicator light

I'm not sure if this is normal and I've not noticed it before, or if this is an electrical gremlin:

2002 530i

I just walked past my car and noticed that the amber indicator light at the Park position is constantly lit. Ignition is off, etc.

Trouble?

Reply to
user

Go out and look at it again. I bet it's off now.

Reply to
joe_tide

You're right. I've done it twice since my original post. The time interval appears to be about 10 minutes. The same indicator on our '05 330CiC shuts off immediately upon locking with the remote.

Strange stuff. Thanks.

Reply to
user

The car has a sleep mode which it enters after 15 minutes. Then it turns that light off, scary. Way too complex, why does it need it?

Reply to
John Burns

Can that light be akin to the LED on the radio of the earlier models that blinks faster and beeps if the radio has been tampered with? I'm thinking that if the car is tampered with, the Park light can light ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

In a word, no.

Reply to
John Burns

Having said that I see where you're coming from. I remember reading that the alarm's LED will flash differently if the alarm is activated at any time.

Reply to
John Burns