Indicator light

I'm not sure if this is normal and I've not noticed it before, or if this is an electrical gremlin:
2002 530i
I just walked past my car and noticed that the amber indicator light
at the Park position is constantly lit. Ignition is off, etc.
Trouble?
Go out and look at it again. I bet it's off now.

You're right. I've done it twice since my original post. The time interval appears to be about 10 minutes. The same indicator on our '05 330CiC shuts off immediately upon locking with the remote.
Strange stuff. Thanks.

The car has a sleep mode which it enters after 15 minutes. Then it turns that light off, scary. Way too complex, why does it need it?

Can that light be akin to the LED on the radio of the earlier models that blinks faster and beeps if the radio has been tampered with? I'm thinking that if the car is tampered with, the Park light can light ...

In a word, no.

Having said that I see where you're coming from. I remember reading that the alarm's LED will flash differently if the alarm is activated at any time.