Info on 1997 318i

I had an E30 318is and miss it. I am going to look at a '97 318i that "is in mint condition, but the motor is blown." Despite the seemingly contridictry nature of that statement I am wondering what the comparison is between the tw cars, what I should look for and if it is worth the grand plus replacment engine cost. Thanks

Matt

Reply to
M Warren

I had a fairly new e30 318iS in the early 90s. I traded it for an 18 month old e36 318iS. The e36 is a better long distance car and is quieter. It's also much better in snow. But the e30 is MUCH more fun to drive in the twisties.

I went back to an e30 318iS and am now on my third :-) This one only comes out during summer and I drive an e36 328i touring with Schnitzer suspension and snow tyres in the winter.

The E30 318iS is a great car, my last one had 200k miles and ran like new, but it was getting rusty as I'd used it as a winter car.

If you live somewhere with mild winters get another e30 and cherish it.

Reply to
John Burns