Installation of Sirius in 5 series

Hi, I have a 2005 530 with Satellite radio preparation done and would like to add the radio tuner. The dealer is quoting $378 +tax for the parts and then
another $150 for install because it requires work with the fibre optics. Can anybody confirm the process to add the satellite tuner to the car and if it is really neccessary to have the dealer do it?
Many Thanks Andy

I had mine installed at the dealer. It was slightly more expensive (25%) that at a local Car Toys shop, but Car Toys did not have the computer upgrades, which is where the Sirius upgrades are shared, and BMW gave me a wider warranty. Yes, they charge more, but I didn't have to have Car Toys do the install and then go to BMW to get the current computer mapping. It will work with whatever software you currently have in your Bimmer, but if you do it at the BMW shop you will get the newest version of software which will include the newest Sirius loading as well.