Insuring an M3 (UK)

Hi,

Well my M3 is going to be here next week so I need to sort out my insurance, the cheapest quote I've had so far is The AA @ £1,300.

Are there any other companies worth trying?

Thanks

Daz

Reply to
Daz

Direct Line

Reply to
Ted

Thanks

Not bad, £1,265

Just been to

and cheapest they find is £1,147, although with £750 excess!

I'm getting there!!!

Reply to
Daz

sorta motor that isn't cheap no matter which way you go........

plus you don't know what any company is like until it comes to a claim. There seems to be a load of new names popping up. What about the one Michael Winner advertises on TV..........just can't think of it now........bloody hell I watched it 10 times a night for 12 months or more............must be old age

dj

Reply to
Ted

Have you tried

? I was pleasantly surprised at the quote I got from their search engine and took out the policy for my 323. Not sure how the search engine will deal with an M3 but you can give it a whirl.

Reply to
Mick

..true, My M3 was just nicked, and Direct Line are not living up to expectations. They keep promising things and giving incorrect information and time-frames. Very disappointing.

Reply to
Harry

Some good quotes there too, thanks!

Amazes me how they differ so much, from Screen Trade @ £1,159 to People's Choice @ £2,765!!!

Reply to
Daz

I got a good quote from Admiral. This was for a 330D sport, but NU was £770, Admiral £361. Big differrence. Not sure what they are like as a company though.

Reply to
Keith

These seem pretty good for most M3 drivers on other boards.

Reply to
TonyK

I think this an important point ("Not sure what they are like as a company ") Note the comment about Direct Line not paying out easily earlier this thread. I have Norwich Union (good payout record). There seem to be two ways of getting to them

- NU Direct (also via web)

- Via a broker. (I use a small one in the City called John Ansell, tel:

020-7251 6821.)

NU Direct may be cheaper, ironically.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Shouldn't that be, there are only 1 type of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Those that do are 1, those that don't are 0. Your representation can go to

3, technically -- 11 = 3. 10 = 2, I get it. The range is greater than the value. Cute.
Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Generally speaking I laugh out loud when I get quotes from the AA. In fact, I'm surprised they even offered insurance at all. I'm currently with tesco and pay something around 750 per year. Before then it was Peart who try to price match, so shop around then give them a call.

Reply to
adder1969

Never had my sig broke down like that before! But yes, 10 dec = 2 bin... 1 that does, 1 that doesn't ;-)

Reply to
Daz

In that case, you only need 1. 1 in binary can accomodate two conditions. There are 1 type of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.

And, that's 10 bin = 2 dec, not the other way around.

Reply to
J Strickland

Mmm, I see what you're saying!

Perhaps shouldn't talk about this in a BMW NG though

Check out the new sig

Ooops, that's what I meant

"There's only 1 type of person, those who understand binary and those that who don't"

Reply to
Daz

Liverpool Victoria - ALPINA B10 V8 for £1100

Alistair J Murray