Insuring an M3 (UK)

Hi,
Well my M3 is going to be here next week so I need to sort out my insurance, the cheapest quote I've had so far is The AA @ 1,300.
Are there any other companies worth trying?
Thanks
Daz
--
There are only 10 types of people - Those who understand binary, and those
who don't.

Direct Line

Thanks
Not bad, 1,265
Just been to www.confused.com and cheapest they find is 1,147, although with 750 excess!
I'm getting there!!!

sorta motor that isn't cheap no matter which way you go........
plus you don't know what any company is like until it comes to a claim. There seems to be a load of new names popping up. What about the one Michael Winner advertises on TV..........just can't think of it now........bloody hell I watched it 10 times a night for 12 months or more............must be old age
dj

..true, My M3 was just nicked, and Direct Line are not living up to expectations. They keep promising things and giving incorrect information and time-frames. Very disappointing.
-
Have you tried http://www.moneysupermarket.com/ ? I was pleasantly surprised at the quote I got from their search engine and took out the policy for my 323. Not sure how the search engine will deal with an M3 but you can give it a whirl.

I got a good quote from Admiral. This was for a 330D sport, but NU was 770, Admiral 361. Big differrence. Not sure what they are like as a company though.
I think this an important point ("Not sure what they are like as a company ") Note the comment about Direct Line not paying out easily earlier this thread. I have Norwich Union (good payout record). There seem to be two ways of getting to them - NU Direct (also via web) - Via a broker. (I use a small one in the City called John Ansell, tel: 020-7251 6821.)
NU Direct may be cheaper, ironically.
DAS
"Keith" < snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net> wrote in message
news:a0qCe.301$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe7-win.ntli.net...

http://www.liverpoolvictoria.co.uk/customer/protecting/motor/introduction.ht m
These seem pretty good for most M3 drivers on other boards.

Shouldn't that be, there are only 1 type of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Those that do are 1, those that don't are 0. Your representation can go to 3, technically -- 11 = 3. 10 = 2, I get it. The range is greater than the value. Cute.

Never had my sig broke down like that before! But yes, 10 dec = 2 bin... 1 that does, 1 that doesn't ;-)

In that case, you only need 1. 1 in binary can accomodate two conditions. There are 1 type of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.
And, that's 10 bin = 2 dec, not the other way around.

Mmm, I see what you're saying!
Perhaps shouldn't talk about this in a BMW NG though
Check out the new sig

Ooops, that's what I meant

"There's only 1 type of person, those who understand binary and those that who don't"
Daz wrote:

Generally speaking I laugh out loud when I get quotes from the AA. In fact, I'm surprised they even offered insurance at all. I'm currently with tesco and pay something around 750 per year. Before then it was Peart who try to price match, so shop around then give them a call.
Daz wrote:

Liverpool Victoria - ALPINA B10 V8 for 1100