interchangable parts?

Hi all

Before i wrote off my 520i M50 i changed the water impeller for a metal one, thermostat etc etc as it was going into the red and this fixed the problem. i did about 200 miles that was all before the accident

I have come accross a 525 which has the same problems.

could i take off the parts from the 520 and pop them on the 525? i guess the engine block was the same..

im mega short on cash so this would be ideal for me cheers Jules

Reply to
Jules

Same parts :-)

Reply to
John Burns

Have a look on

See if the part No's are the same. Mike..

Reply to
Mike G

thanks, i took the plunge and bought the car, 355 quid

theres a full description of the car and a few pics here

im so exited....like a little boy with a new toy

Reply to
Jules

Thanks Mike, i couldnt find my GSF catalogue anywhere to check.

Reply to
Jules

If your diagnosis is correct and there are no other faults then this will be cheap motoring.

it was a dog with two d***s in the version I heard...

If you have any change book yourself on a driving course!

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Try using the

link I posted. Lists genuine BMW parts with their Part No's Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

thats great, just took a look now

BTW i tried to get a quote from a German car ins co. but it seems they have a wierd system there, not like here, car reg, year, 525i etc etc

They are asking for a special number, i asked them if they meant the chassis # but not that...i was also wondering if anyone knew how strict the TÜV is, esp for a English car, seems to to a pain

Im due to drive the car all over E Germany again, get some funny looks with my RHD touring but cant wait to go in the sallonn

Herstellernummer, Typschlüssel, Km-Stand, jährliche Fahrleistung, Erstzulassung, Zulassung auf den Versicherungsnehmer (VN), wer ist VN, Geburtsdatum, Staatsangehörigkeit, Führerschein seit? welche Schadenfreiheitsklasse (wieviel %?) hat der VN?

Reply to
Jules