interchangable parts?

Hi all
Before i wrote off my 520i M50 i changed the water impeller for a metal one, thermostat etc etc as it was going into the red and this fixed the problem.
i did about 200 miles that was all before the accident
I have come accross a 525 which has the same problems.
could i take off the parts from the 520 and pop them on the 525? i guess the engine block was the same..
im mega short on cash so this would be ideal for me cheers Jules

Same parts :-)
thanks, i took the plunge and bought the car, 355 quid
theres a full description of the car and a few pics here
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?p#5979#post235979
im so exited....like a little boy with a new toy
John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland

If you have any change book yourself on a driving course!

Have a look on www.realoem.com. See if the part No's are the same. Mike..
Thanks Mike, i couldnt find my GSF catalogue anywhere to check.

Try using the www.realoem.com link I posted. Lists genuine BMW parts with their Part No's Mike.

thats great, just took a look now
BTW i tried to get a quote from a German car ins co. but it seems they have a wierd system there, not like here, car reg, year, 525i etc etc
They are asking for a special number, i asked them if they meant the chassis # but not that...i was also wondering if anyone knew how strict the TV is, esp for a English car, seems to to a pain
Im due to drive the car all over E Germany again, get some funny looks with my RHD touring but cant wait to go in the sallonn
Herstellernummer, Typschlssel, Km-Stand, jhrliche Fahrleistung, Erstzulassung, Zulassung auf den Versicherungsnehmer (VN), wer ist VN, Geburtsdatum, Staatsangehrigkeit, Fhrerschein seit? welche Schadenfreiheitsklasse (wieviel %?) hat der VN?