Intermitant Odometer

My odometer is only works intermitantly. The speedometer is work fine all the time. I have changed the odometer gears and replaced the instrument panel main circuit board. I even changed out speedometer and odometer
assemblies and still had the problem. It works for awhile and then stops. Several days later it will work for awhile and then stop. Any Ideas please email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Thanks.
can you specify what model bmw you have?...is it a E30 or ? what year?