Is there a way I can see what a new M5 sold for back in 2001?

A friend of mine needs data what the dealers sold the then hot hot BMW M5 sold for in 2001. I need actual stuff I can see and send him. Any help is
greatly appreciated..........Peter in Sacramento
I'm the M5 price request poster, I also meant what the dealers actually tried to get for it, including the pack.....Peter

Try Edmunds.com fill out the specs and it will toss a price out at you.
--
BayerischeE38

Did you try www.kbb.com ?
I will try the Edmunds and kkb........many thanks.............Peter

I'm not usre if the online expereince will give you the 2001 prices. They will give you today's value, I just am not usre they will have the original price. The actual book has the original sales price. Again, the library is your friend.

M5
is
You guys are the best, what a group.......thanks for all the great help.......Peter

Try here:
http://research.cars.com/go/crp/summary.jsp?logtype=6&aff=national&call=crp&makeid=5&year 01&modelidH (If link does not work goto www.cars.com and click on "Research" at the top)
Original MSRP for that car was $69,400
-Branden

I recall my "trusty" BMW dealer attempting the Jedi mind trick on me at the MSRP, and not one penny less.
Needless to say I did not "go for it".

SNIP
Not surprising for an M-car. The first E39 M5 I saw was at Riverside BMW and they had a $25,000 "market adjustment" added to the price. No idea if they got it.
R / John
The Kelly Blue Book lists the List Price that any model originally sold for. This will give you - your friend - a good ballpark figure because KBB won't know a specific car, but it will know the price of the popular options that were available. If KBB says a 2001 M5 sold new for $39,756, then you can be pretty sure that the car you have sold for this price, give or take an insignificant option or two. You can get a copy of the KBB at the library.