Is there a way I can see what a new M5 sold for back in 2001?

A friend of mine needs data what the dealers sold the then hot hot BMW M5 sold for in 2001. I need actual stuff I can see and send him. Any help is greatly appreciated..........Peter in Sacramento

Reply to
PeterM

I'm the M5 price request poster, I also meant what the dealers actually tried to get for it, including the pack.....Peter

Reply to
PeterM

Try Edmunds.com fill out the specs and it will toss a price out at you.

Reply to
BayerischeE38

Did you try

?

Reply to
Trey

I will try the Edmunds and kkb........many thanks.............Peter

Reply to
PeterM

Try here:

(If link does not work goto
and click on "Research" at the top) Original MSRP for that car was $69,400

-Branden

Reply to
Branden Nelsen

I recall my "trusty" BMW dealer attempting the Jedi mind trick on me at the MSRP, and not one penny less.

Needless to say I did not "go for it".

(If link does not work goto
and click on "Research" at thetop)

Reply to
william piccione

The Kelly Blue Book lists the List Price that any model originally sold for. This will give you - your friend - a good ballpark figure because KBB won't know a specific car, but it will know the price of the popular options that were available. If KBB says a 2001 M5 sold new for $39,756, then you can be pretty sure that the car you have sold for this price, give or take an insignificant option or two. You can get a copy of the KBB at the library.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I'm not usre if the online expereince will give you the 2001 prices. They will give you today's value, I just am not usre they will have the original price. The actual book has the original sales price. Again, the library is your friend.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

SNIP

Not surprising for an M-car. The first E39 M5 I saw was at Riverside BMW and they had a $25,000 "market adjustment" added to the price. No idea if they got it.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

You guys are the best, what a group.......thanks for all the great help.......Peter

Reply to
PeterM