is250 vs. 325i

Page 4 of 7
You're too late; you've been "plonked". And now I've done the same.
On Sat, 19 Aug 2006, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

(top posting corrected)
In article

What driving force within people makes them announce to the world that they've "plonked" someone?
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:38:41 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

Ditto for announcing "top posting corrected?"

No, "top posting corrected" explains that the OP did something wrong.
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:54:38 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

Ah. Internet police. Didn't see the badge there...

Yep. It was right underneath his Junior Programmer badge.
You gotta keep yer eyes open.
--
Dan.

Obviously, neither of you have a Valintino NetCop Detector.

No, simply demanding simple courtesy.
Why do you think the internet has different rules?
On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 07:40:13 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

If you are incapable of figuring out how to read someone's post, you (and your educational institution) have my deepest sympathy.
It's not an issue of courtesy. Some people's readers are set up that way. Could they change it? I don't know, but probably. But it may be beyond their knowledge.
For you to assume otherwise is discourteous. Ironic, no?

Yeah? So?
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 07:35:24 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

Nice response. Sorry to see you ran out so quickly.

No, really. I meant it--so what?
It is. It's usenet....
DAS
"Elmo P. Shagnasty" < snipped-for-privacy@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@nntp2.usenetserver.com...
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

There's the difference between an enthusiast (me) and someone who merely owns a BMW. I'll be driving. Preferably in competition or at notably high speeds - at sanctioned events. -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)

And you'll miss what being on Hawaii is all about.
But since you'll never know it, you can't miss it, I guess.
I, having done both, have made my choice. I don't have unlimited funds, so since I have to make a choice, I make one.
Apparently everyone else here has unlimited funds.
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

Hawaii, the Caribbean coast of Quintana Roo; pretty much the same to me for lazing on white sand under coconut palms, only lots closer. I do know it. I'd still rather be driving fast. -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)

Try two wheels, or a lightweight racing car for autocrossing or at the track. You'll like it even more. 8;)
-- Larry (pushing 60 and still loving it...)

If that's what you think Hawaii is all about, you've never been there.
E28 Guy wrote:

You really should do something about those ugly US bumpers.
I saw this E28 a few months ago and have to say it looked pretty good. Despite liking the E34 style the most, I still couldn't help myself from taking a picture with my mobile:
http://i8.tinypic.com/24zykph.jpg

Ulf

Then you're right to have a Lexus. Designed for those to whom driving is no more than a chore.
--
*A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.*