Keeping up with...

Sorry for the poor, late in the day light. It's a nice dark grey.

However mine is

I wish they offered the deisel in the states. I would have pointed him in that direction if they did.

The car has electric sunshades for the side windows and the rear glass.

It does have all the bells and whistles. We did not order it. Pop picked it off the lot as-is. he loves it.

You bet. ;-)

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

Jeff

Can I ask how much? I paid 40k ($82k) cash for mine but retail was 61K as it stood there which is about $127k retail. Mine was new - ex demo with 2300 miles on the clock and full 3year warranty and shipped 1000 miles from Inverness Scotland to Bognor Regis (Look it up on Google Earth) on the South Coast free of charge inc new number plates and a full tank of juice.

Hugh

Sir Hugh of Bognor

Reply to
hsg

Ali top-posted:

Then what are you doing in the BMW group, you stupid, top-posting troll?

Reply to
dizzy

I highly doubt I'll make it that long.

Reply to
dizzy

i agree - the only thing i see in the pictures is the smile on Dad's face. that alone is worth the cost of the car! he deserves it ABSOLUTELY!!

Reply to
avatar2k

"Ali" wrote

You came to a BMW newsgroup to tell us that we should all be buying used KIAs instead? Or maybe even bicycles instead of cars?

Get a grip!

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Dad paid around 86k, OTD (Out the Door). That includes tax, license, and extended warrenty. It does have Sport and Premium (do they call it "Premium" on the 750?).

Mine was new -

Sounds like you got a great deal. I had no idea they were so high over there. The way our $ is tanking (don't let me get started!) I would have thought it would be less over there.

By the way, looks like you live in a very nice place. I'm over here on the West Coast in a semi-little town called Ventura, CA. We're about 4 miles from the beach.

Great place to live.

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

Me either but as long as I'm healthy, why not? Stranger things have happened. ;-)

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

Well let's hope nothing goes wrong with it otherwise that smile is going to go away....

Reply to
adder1969

Yes ex demo cars are a bargain - cosseted at the dealers, usually fully loaded with all the toys and when a new model comes along turfed out for a pittance for people like me to buy :-))

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Coincidentally, hitting ice on a 750 is a good way to look at the dark end of the tunnel....

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Actually - I prefer BMW "Executive" cars. BMW-NA requires it's executives to drive BMWs - and gives them ones for 6 months at a time - then it's a new one.

There is one dealer I frequent who specializes in buying these cars from BMW and reselling them as CPO cars. Typically $10-15k off "retail" - low miles (3-8,000 miles) and maintained as you'd expect. About the best deal you can get on a BMW, and it hasn't been abused like the demo (or loaner) cars have been.

Reply to
admin

Good thing we live in Ventura. Mean Temp is 72 degrees. ;-)

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

Just as there are more important things in life than driving boring 'transportation appliances' like yours. If you don't have a clue what a BMW is all about, why try discussing it?

-- C.R. Krieger

Reply to
E28 Guy(c)

Are they adopting? :)

I am working towards that as well. That is one of the American dreams, to work and retire to be able to do what you want to do and to afford things that you always wanted in life....

I say good for them!!!!

Rob

Reply to
Robert