Keeping up with...

Page 2 of 2
Choam Nomsky wrote:

Thanks.
Well, when you are as old as dad, your priorities change -- when you're looking at the dark end of the tunnel, a new 750 is cool. I'm not quite as old as dad but I don't see a big waste of money here ... Heck, my kids are pissed becaused i've gone thru a couple of m3's and an x5 and i'm looking at an x6 next. But hey, whats a waste of money to you is entertainment value to me...
Mike
(on my way to the store to blow my pension money on expensive wine -- )

Good for you, I wish MY parents would enjoy things a little more... sure I want the inheritance, but I would much rather see them smiling like your dad when he hammers the pedal in his 750i ;)

Mikep wrote:

Good for you! And a nice selection of vehicles past and present, by the way. ;-)

i agree - the only thing i see in the pictures is the smile on Dad's face. that alone is worth the cost of the car! he deserves it ABSOLUTELY!!

Well let's hope nothing goes wrong with it otherwise that smile is going to go away....
Mikep wrote:

Coincidentally, hitting ice on a 750 is a good way to look at the dark end of the tunnel.... --scott

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Good thing we live in Ventura. Mean Temp is 72 degrees. ;-)
Ali wrote:

Doesn't matter anymore with my parent's. They worked their asses off for 60 years so they can now afford the "depreciation". Having lived through the depression as they did and raised myself and my sister and provided us with a very solid foundation and understanding of what it means to be true citizen of this earth and productive members of the human family, I do not begrudge them the one "extravigance" they've indulged in in my life's memory. It has always been myself and my sister first, then their 3 grandkids.
Now it's about them and they can do anything they want as far as I'm concerned.
Each to their own I suppose.
Yes.

What color is the car? It looks grey but it also looks similar to my E65 - Michigan Blue which is a very pale silver/blue. However mine is the 730d Yes DIESEL with 235 BHP and some 435lb/ft torque. Still shows over 150 on the speedo and 0-60 in 7 secs but the beauty of it is -------- 40MPG (imp).
I see you didn't get the tinted (dark) sun protection rear windows! However you have got the "sport" package in the way of s/wheel and front seats thigh support - do you ever use the seat heating?
I do hope you didn't order the sport suspension as it is total crap - too hard, too noisy and very uncomfortable especially if you also have the 19/20" wheels OUCH! The adjustable suspension is just as bad either too soft and wallowly or too hard and uncomfortable.
Still -------- happy motoring.
Hugh Sir Hugh of Bognor
--
I used to be an Egotistical Meglomaniac - but now I'm just perfect!

Hugh Gundersen
snipped-for-privacy@h-gee.co.uk wrote:

Sorry for the poor, late in the day light. It's a nice dark grey.
However mine is

I wish they offered the deisel in the states. I would have pointed him in that direction if they did.

The car has electric sunshades for the side windows and the rear glass.

It does have all the bells and whistles. We did not order it. Pop picked it off the lot as-is. he loves it.

You bet. ;-)

Jeff
Can I ask how much? I paid 40k ($82k) cash for mine but retail was 61K as it stood there which is about $127k retail. Mine was new - ex demo with 2300 miles on the clock and full 3year warranty and shipped 1000 miles from Inverness Scotland to Bognor Regis (Look it up on Google Earth) on the South Coast free of charge inc new number plates and a full tank of juice.
Hugh
Sir Hugh of Bognor
--
I used to be an Egotistical Meglomaniac - but now I'm just perfect!

Hugh Gundersen
snipped-for-privacy@h-gee.co.uk wrote:

Dad paid around 86k, OTD (Out the Door). That includes tax, license, and extended warrenty. It does have Sport and Premium (do they call it "Premium" on the 750?).
Mine was new -

Sounds like you got a great deal. I had no idea they were so high over there. The way our $ is tanking (don't let me get started!) I would have thought it would be less over there.
By the way, looks like you live in a very nice place. I'm over here on the West Coast in a semi-little town called Ventura, CA. We're about 4 miles from the beach.
Great place to live.

Yes ex demo cars are a bargain - cosseted at the dealers, usually fully loaded with all the toys and when a new model comes along turfed out for a pittance for people like me to buy :-))
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Actually - I prefer BMW "Executive" cars. BMW-NA requires it's executives to drive BMWs - and gives them ones for 6 months at a time - then it's a new one.
There is one dealer I frequent who specializes in buying these cars from BMW and reselling them as CPO cars. Typically $10-15k off "retail" - low miles (3-8,000 miles) and maintained as you'd expect. About the best deal you can get on a BMW, and it hasn't been abused like the demo (or loaner) cars have been.