Key FOB Question - E92

Hi there - haven't been here in a while - not since I bought my 330Ci back in '02, and you guys were extremely helpful then - I'm hoping you can answer a silly question now...
I've recently traded into a 335 Coupe which I love! But I have a question about the key FOBs....
I've programmed all my user settings with one key FOB. Is there any way to simply apply the same settings to the other key FOB? When I insert the 2nd key, all settings reset - all radio presets, climate settings, etc.. revert to default/blank settings. It seems I have to program all the settings again from scratch for the 2nd key FOB. I can't find anything in the manual - hoping someone here knows how to do it.
Not a huge deal, but it would be nice if I could simply copy the same settings to the 2nd FOB...
Any ideas? Is this possible?
Thanks,
Barry
"BarryK" wrote

What if you open the car with the first key fob, but close the car with the second key fob?
Pete

The assumption is that you have a key fob in your pocket, and your wife has a fob in her purse. You use your fob and the car sets itself to you, your wife uses her fob and the car sets itself to her. If you swap fobs, then you have to set both of them the same so the car does not change from one fob to the other. If you set one fob, then the other fob is setting to default settings, and you need to set the second fob, so the car sets the seats and mirror to the same settings for both fobs.

Exactly. Thanks for the replies, but I know how they work. What I'd like to do though, is set them both the same as a baseline. The only thing that will change or be different between us is a small seat adjustment. All the climate, radio, nav, lighting, etc, settings should be the same on both. Sounds like there's no way to copy the settings to BOTH FOBs - I'll just have to program them both individually I guess...
Barry

Ok, Anyone know care to explain how this programming works? My wife and I have a 2007 X3 and neither of us has any idea how to program teh keeys to do this. Thanks S