layering car wax and cleaner agent

I wanted to wax my car, but I didn't have the time to do a detailed job. So, I got Eagle One Wax-As-You-Dry product just as a temporary solution until I have the time to do it right.
I followed the directions and I got some nice results. The surface of my car feels 'silky', and that hasn't gone away, and it's been 3 days into it. I figure this thing will last about a week.
I emailed Eagle One asking more about their product. Here's what they told me: Wax-As-You-Dry has some cleaner agent. It does not remove the any wax you may already have on your car. It layers on top of existing wax.
Now, I thought if a wax has cleaner agents, that the cleaner removes existing wax?
So what's the real story here? Am I being misled by Eagle One, or does it depend on what kind and how much cleaning agent you have in your wax? Or is it something else entirely?
thanks