Leaking windshield washer resevoir

The water/washer fluid leaks out of my reservoir daily. There is no leak from the resevoir or pump when I take it out of the car. After a day or two the reservoir is empty and the warning light is on. I've checked the hose and it seems to be fine. I have a 2001 330CI. Any suggestions?

Reply to
330cj

It has to be leaking from the bottle or from the hoses. And, the point of the leak is at the same level as the low water line. The water drains down to the leak, then stops leaking.

Reply to
J Strickland

strick

Thanks for the advice

It's leaking to the level on the bottom of the pump and rubber grummet. I took the bottle out and plug the nipple that the hose attaches to and there is no leak. I tried blowing through the hose and there is no hole or leak. It make be leaking around the pump and the hole it fits into. There are no visible leaks. It takes about two days for the warning light to come on.

Reply to
330cj

I had the same problem, it was under warranty so the dealer repaired it .....NOT!

they replaced the pipes to the headlight sprayers

It turned out to be an O ring (purple in colour) that is in the line from the tank to the plumbing. If you remove the clip and disconnect the tank from the plumbing, you will see there is an o ring on the pipe attached to the tank. Mine was crimped at the bottom so it was not easy to see. I used an o ring available at the hardware store.

Reply to
FFF

Which series do you have? I have a 1997 528i that may have the same problem.

Reply to
DwntnMpls

There has to be a leak, or the pump is on. I'm thinking you would notice if the pump was on though.

Reply to
J Strickland