Leaky roof

Greetings all
With all the recent rain, I've noticed my roof is starting to leak :-( It's a '97 Z3 convertible - and for a 10 year old car the roof fabric
itself is in very good nick. From what I can see it's actually getting through near at the front edges where the roof joins the rubber seals & rails.
A new roof will cost big $, and taking to the parts guys it sounds like I could get away with replacing the seals & possible rails - but I need someone to "diagnose" the sites, and I'm not sure I trust a dealer to not inflate the cost of the repairs needed.
I've also heard, that most times they just outsource the work anyways, so was wondering what most people suggestions were: - go with the dealer - find a convertible/trim repairer?
Fwiw I'm in Sydney (Australia)
Thanks in advance

Pick up the commercial telephone directory and seek out car upholstery and convertible hood repairs. Another route might be boat yards that make or repair boat hoods etc. if they can't do anything they probably know someone that can.
Secondly BMW Owners club might be a good place to enquire as would be an Australian Sports car club, Custom car club and there must be some Australian magazines that are about BMW cars. In the UK we have "Total BMW" and "BMW car" titles. Perhaps an email to the UK magazine "Car Mechanics" (I know the editor personally and I know it is exported to AU) asking their guru what he thinks -
RODNEY JACQUES
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor