Learned Opinion Needed: Composite or Metal Water Pump replacement

A thread on Pelican forum indicated that the Water Pump replacement with the Black COMPOSITE material impeller is the preferred choice now - over the metal impeller version.
Would you agree? Why/why not? Are the earlier problems with composite material becoming brittle a thing of the past?
My car is a 1993 325i E36, M50 engine sedan.
I'm 100% sure my water pump just failed and I need to start that repair project.
I'd appreciate a authoritative answer to this choice. Thanks.

I spoke with a few mechanics, and for various reasons, they all said to stick with the metal....

I thought I had a bad water pump - I had ZERO head pressure -- I mean; the pump would "take" water; but I never achieved any pressure. I replaced it; still none. Could be an M30 issue -- I don't know.

How are you 100% w/o removing it? or have you?