Or do you wait until the leather begins to crack and then scramble trying to fix it?
Kind regards,
gamini

Have a look at www.leatherique.com
It's not cheap, but most good things aren't.

I used pure bees wax on the leather seats fitted to my Land Cruiser a couple of times in the first three years, paying special attention to the seams and stitchwork. It is now eight years old with well over 100k miles and the leather is good apart from some dark discolouration in creases in the backrest. Just a couple of weeks ago I decided to give the drivers seat a good clean and bought some Halfords leather wipes. They did clean the seat somewhat but I now slide all over the place.
Huw

I've got 2 different friends who do leather work.. they all love the old standard Lexol
http://www.lexol.com /

Thanks for the answers to my question on what you are using for maintaining your leather.
Please let me introduce the product that I'm using... and have been for the last fifteen years.
The product name is Kali Leather Life
Kali Leather Life was developed to prevent the drying process of leather. Kali Leather Life maintains the supple softness, resilience and strength of leather.
More information and comparison to Lexol/Armor All are in this eBay listing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item '0067681452
Kali Leather Life 4 car upholstery shoes bags or whips! Item number: 270067681452
In addition to leather, I've found Kali Leather Life is ideal for vinyl surfaces too. I've been using Kali Leather Life on the dash, vinyl tops and trim.
Compared to Kali Leather Life I've not had good experiences with Armor All, Lexol (favorite of many)
Try Kali Leather Life it really works. I've been a satisfied Kali Leather Life customer for the last fifteen years.
I've also bought a "case load" of these and put them eBay. (Remember Victor Kiam - who became famous for his advertisement saying "I liked the shaver so much, I bought the company" No, I did not buy the company, but am promoting a good product for the benefit all car enthusiasts.)
and the link is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item '0067681452
Kali Leather Life 4 car upholstery shoes bags or whips! Item number: 270067681452

what a f$%^wad.

That is your opinion. If you use Kali Leather Care you may have a different opinion.
gamini

My opinion is that you're a spammer that I'm going to report to ebay. Anytime someone answers their own "inquiring" post and doesn't even bother to quote answers to his question, it marks a con.
FloydR

Don't threaten, do it.

I've been an active member of this Usenet group for a while; but I doubt you would have bothered to check.
Anyway, I have been using a good product. I want to introduce it to others. If you don't like my approach to the introduction, it is no sweat for me.
gamini

Then you should be well aware of what people think of spamming.

You don't want to introduce anything - you want to make money. If only you were honest about that it would be less unacceptable.
--
*I can see your point, but I still think you're full of shit.

Reply from ebay: ----------------------
Thank you for writing eBay in regards to your concerns.
I understand your concern regarding this situation, however since the link you provided is not on our site we are unable to take any action.
You may want to contact the site which this thread is posted on. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Charlete
eBay Motors Customer Support
--------------

Doesn't matter - you're still abusing.
FloydR

That is your opinion. If you use Kali Leather Care you may have a different opinion. That is my opinion. And like a** holes, everyone got one.
gamini

So something which is 'ideal' for leather is 'ideal' for plastic too? Sounds like you've found snake oil...
--
*Dance like nobody's watching.

No snake oil here. Nor am I selling prime ocenfront property in Arizona.
Just a good product that works.
gamini

Yeh yeh. Something that's been around for at least 15 years and no one has heard of *must* be good.
--
*Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film *

Eh. Leatherique(.com) works on leather and plastic. But unlike this hithertoo unknown kali stuff there are lots of cars, Rolls, Jags, MB, etc, that actually have used it for years, testimonials are all over the net.

It's not a product I know, but my feeling is if it's optimised for leather which needs a soak in conditioner it can't also be ideal for plastic which is non porous. Or rather plastic doesn't need any special treatment apart from perhaps a UV blocker.
--
*Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

Bingo.
I've tried it, it does work. So does suntan lotion (on plastic only).

Lexol makes several different leather cleaning and polishing products. Which specific one are you and your eBay ad referring to? Or are you alleging that your product performs better in every aspect of leather care that Lexol products address?
-- Larry