Leather -- flat or satin

I'm doing some leather repair & ordering up some supplies.

They've asked me if the leather is satin or flat

Based on the description they give me -- it's flat. "Satin will show wear more as the butt slides in & out"

However, everyone I've asked said 'satin' becuase it has a slight gloss/shine to it.

What would you say that bmw used in 92?

Thanks

-j

Josh Assing