Leather -- flat or satin

I'm doing some leather repair & ordering up some supplies.
They've asked me if the leather is satin or flat
Based on the description they give me -- it's flat. "Satin will show wear more
as the butt slides in & out"
However, everyone I've asked said 'satin' becuase it has a slight gloss/shine to it.
What would you say that bmw used in 92?
Thanks -j