Leather interior 1995 325is. Door Leather.

The leather that is on the inside of the door is starting to peel away from the door. Its almost like the leather is shrinking. Its the area behind the inside handle. I have seen this on an other car the same age as mine. Is there any way to prevent it from getting worse or correct it?

Reply to
madloof72

Do you clean and condition your leather on a regular basis?

Drying leather will shrink so you should use a leather conditioner regularly.

Reply to
KJ

replace the panel, its a kind of leatherette that is used on the doors, it will shrink and peel with time, even with leather conditioner. Actually, leather conditioner will deteriorate the glue behind the material and promote the peeling process. If you cant replace. get some

3m spray adhesive and tack it back in place.
Reply to
Corey Shuman

If I was to tack it back in place I would have to stretch it out first. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks for all your help.

Reply to
madloof72

Real leather will stretch when wet, but I suppose you need to heat a synthetic.

Reply to
KJ