"loads" of BMW dealers to close next year

In the UK there's to be at least a 10% cut in the BMW dealership network plus a BMW direct sales website with discounted or rather "Internet price"
new vehicles
I really hope some of those arrogant little tossers who call themselves salespeople are forced to sell KIAs :-)
Add pictures here
✖
I hope they do the same in the US, we have the same 'arrogant dealer' issue here. Great cars, pitiful dealers...

Add pictures here
✖

The only problem is that we are going to be left with the arrogant little tossers to carry out the warranty work and servicing and to fin non existent faults and updates that we have to pay for that we don't need.
Qué Sera Sera!
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor

✖

Already happened - Benham BMW in Stockport is now a Nissan main dealer...
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 21:01:09 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"

Which is a division of Renault
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor

✖
snipped-for-privacy@h-gee.co.uk wrote:

With the same tossers selling cars under the same ownership - just a badge change!
Add pictures here
✖

Auto Express TODAY ------- 65% women felt car salesMEN were sexist and rude and male orientated. Many blokes I know (and some I read on here) seem to know less about cars than how to down a pint.
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor

✖

what's the point on this post? I'm struggling
Add pictures here
✖

It is a two pronged attack.
1. Factual statistics of what women think of [male] car salesmen.
2. Anecdotal opinion that many blokes treat cars as something to play games (a la Eric Berne MD) with down the pub, boasting on about how the Ferrari is better than the Aston Martin, when they haven't been in either.
We are probably all guilty of the latter, although in my case I have the excuse that I am too tall to get behind the wheel of many [sports] cars.
Add pictures here
✖

I've only limited experience of the sales force and found them ok. The service departments are a different matter. They had a 100% success rate in giving me poor service in one way or another - and that's with 4 dealers.
--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

✖

Same here. Makes me sick to even think about it.
Add pictures here
✖
So, 15 dealers are going? And the source of this info is?

Add pictures here
✖
Gino wrote:

Why do you want silly things such as facts to stop a perfectly good gossip thread?
--
Sam

Add pictures here
✖