"loads" of BMW dealers to close next year

In the UK there's to be at least a 10% cut in the BMW dealership network plus a BMW direct sales website with discounted or rather "Internet price" new vehicles

I really hope some of those arrogant little tossers who call themselves salespeople are forced to sell KIAs :-)

Reply to
Tommy

I hope they do the same in the US, we have the same 'arrogant dealer' issue here. Great cars, pitiful dealers...

Reply to
Jerry

The only problem is that we are going to be left with the arrogant little tossers to carry out the warranty work and servicing and to fin non existent faults and updates that we have to pay for that we don't need.

Qué Sera Sera!

Reply to
hsg

Already happened - Benham BMW in Stockport is now a Nissan main dealer...

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

I've only limited experience of the sales force and found them ok. The service departments are a different matter. They had a 100% success rate in giving me poor service in one way or another - and that's with 4 dealers.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Which is a division of Renault

Reply to
hsg

Same here. Makes me sick to even think about it.

Reply to
adder1969

So, 15 dealers are going? And the source of this info is?

Reply to
Gino

With the same tossers selling cars under the same ownership - just a badge change!

Reply to
DCA

Auto Express TODAY ------- 65% women felt car salesMEN were sexist and rude and male orientated. Many blokes I know (and some I read on here) seem to know less about cars than how to down a pint.

Reply to
hsg

what's the point on this post? I'm struggling

Reply to
DCA

It is a two pronged attack.

  1. Factual statistics of what women think of [male] car salesmen.

  1. Anecdotal opinion that many blokes treat cars as something to play games (a la Eric Berne MD) with down the pub, boasting on about how the Ferrari is better than the Aston Martin, when they haven't been in either.

We are probably all guilty of the latter, although in my case I have the excuse that I am too tall to get behind the wheel of many [sports] cars.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Why do you want silly things such as facts to stop a perfectly good gossip thread?

Reply to
Sam Smith