location of fuse for E39 A/C blower

The Blower on our E39 quit last night. The book calls for a 40 amp fuse in location 76. Anyone know were this fuse is located?

Thanks

Reply to
CFL

Most likely the final stage resistor. Did the speed sometimes vary by itself before it finally died?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

This fuse is located in fuse panel 6 located behind the glove box. I had the same problem and as Dave pointed out it is more likely the final stage resistor, although in my case fuse 76 was also blown. When I purchased a new one from the dealer they had a redesigned module and the sales person commented that this is a common problem. I paid around $75.00 for the new one.

Reply to
Joel Novak

Many Thanks guys. It was the resister pack and now it is back to normal.

Ollie

Reply to
cfl