Location of Idle Regulating Valve? - 1992 320i

I have a 1992 320i European spec with an intermittent surging idle problem - indications appear to be eh idle control (regulating) valve - besides, it's an easy fix..

I have my ETK open to the correct diagram (13_0381 Part number 6) but darned if I can find this thing in the engine.

The diagram seems to indicate the location should be painfully obvious - is it stuffed under the manifold or another hose?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Reply to
Disco