Looking at a new used 325i or 325xi

Like many on this forum, I am very close to buying my first BMW. I live in the North and snow is an issue. I am thinking the 325xi with it's AWD would be the better car? I'd like some opinions. The year I'm looking at is a 2003 or 2004 because it still has some of the original warranty and if you buy from a BMW dealer there is also the Certified Series which gives 6 years/120,000kms warranty....

Am I on the right track???

Reply to
Angelwings45

"Angelwings45" wrote

I've posted several times about AWD and my 330xi experiences; search the archives (using google) for them. There was a very recent post where I discussed some aspects.

Buy snow tires and you'll go anywhere.

FloydR '01 330xi

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

I have a 2002 325i with sport suspension. I use 4 regular snows on steel wheels in the winter and the car is fantastic in the snow thanks to DSC. I would not waste the money on 4wd, which comes with a weight and handling disadvantage that is not needed in the non-winter months.

Reply to
HGL