Looking for tips

I am building a street/road course 325ix.I am looking for any tips,advice etc. on things you guys have done to your cars with the best results.Also, things to steer clear of would be nice.

Reply to
Don

My plans for the old 325iX I bought a year or so back are less ambitious, though a useful autocross vehicle might be an attractive proposition - if it's feasible, money-wise.

Good luck with any source of good quality technical information on this vehicle. Please be sure to let us know if you find any.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that an all-wheel drive e30 was a brilliant idea and a very well executed solution, but lacking in the timing or marketing or whatever it is that results in sufficient volume of sales that will sustain interest and knowledge this long after production ceased.

If you want to e-mail me offline, then I'll gladly send you the web links I've gleaned for 325iX technical information. I googled them, so there's nothing special there apart from a bit of time.

When I bought this 325iX, I *really* wanted an e30 M3, but I was prepared to settle for a nice, reasonably priced 325 iS, and then I got seduced by a high mileage 325iX because it was a 2 door with a

5-speed that was very tidy looking. You live and learn...
Reply to
Dean Dark

Go to a hotel. Be polite, open doors, and carry luggage for people. The tips will come.

-- C.R. Krieger (In one of THOSE moods today)

Reply to
E28 Guy©

OK; let's be serious this time. The *very first thing* you need to do (unless you're planning on doing only illegal street racing, in which case I will discourage anyone from offering you any advice whatsoever) is READ THE RULEBOOK! Once you are *thoroughly* familiar with the rules for the sanctioning body with which you'll be racing, it should be pretty clear what you can and can't do. THEN you can come back here and ask about specifics. Remember, if you don't do your homework first, it's *guys like me* you'll be dealing with - and we won't hesitate to write up your car for illegal or unsafe items. That means, until you're in compliance, YOU DON'T RACE.

-- C.R. Krieger SCCA Scrutineer

Reply to
E28 Guy©

You got a period, or what?

SCCA doesn't sanction *all* forms of racing, you know...

Reply to
Dean Dark

You see we have a tremendous BMW club plus a vintage/classic car race in my town. I've driven this road course multiple times and am interested in joining a local club. I would like to know where I could get a scaa rulebook.I just hope it won't turn me into a menstral type individual.I love to drive and even more so my bimmers! I am not some kid looking to put a 300 shot of nitrous in my car.Or, put 26" on my machine and lower it to the ground. So please, constructive information only! If you only want to complain and wine call your wife. I am new to the whole racing idea so a little patience and alot of help would be appreciated. Thanks to all. Don

Reply to
Don