Low Beam Lights Intermitent 1995 540i

Checked LKM box and replaced, trigger relay replaced still is intermittently coming on, the problem occurs very seldom. When the low bean does not work
the high beam still works.
Could this be an ignition switch problem.
This has me stumped, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Clive 1995 540i
Are you sure the bulb itself is not compromised?
There are two filiments inside the bulb, one for low and the other for high beam. It is very easy to have a problem with a partially broken filiment on one side, and a completely operational filiment on the other. (By "side", I mean the low beam or high beam side of the bulb, not the left side or the right side of the car.)