Lowering a 2002 330xi

If I lower my xi, will my same size tires and wheels still fit? Going to lower it about 1.5 inches.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

No, you will need to get 13" tires.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Naw, come on, is there anything I have to worry about with tires?

Reply to
Tom

Frankly, I'm not sure.

You should be able to create an AWD 330i without too much trouble. I assume the 330xi will have skinny tires and a higher ride-height as compared to the straight 330i, and lowering to the straight 330i height should not be too much of a problem.

I missed the xi part on the first go around, and dialed in on the 330 part. The 330 is already suspended pretty nicely, and lowering that car is more than I can imagine. It occurs to me that the xi can be suspended considerably higher for lots of reasons, mostly having to do with whenever AWD is actually needed, ground clearance might be a welcome feature as well.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland