M3 fuel type

Quick question. Does the M3 Evolution (E36) need 98 RON petrol or will it be fine on 95 RON?
While I'm here I have a 1991 525iSE 24v - long MOT and drives but needs
new clutch (noisy release bearing) - and a couple of E21 323is - to make one good one - to get rid of if anyone's interested, in Durham, England. Also have boxes of new+used parts for both cars and spare E21 wheels.
Dan Buchan wrote:

It should run ok on 95 but if it doesn't then you'll need something higher.