M5 versus Shelby GT500

Page 2 of 2

Bit OT but out of interest what sort of MPG are you getting? Having just sold my M3 I'm thinking of an M5 but keep hearing horror stories of 8-9mpg which in the UK at 1 per litre is scary! Especially with a small tank.

I average around 14-15 mpg (US gal). Drive it hard and it will drop to 12. Drive it crazy and it drops to about 10 mpg. Easy highway driving yields about 17. The tank *is* small however (I forget how many gallons) but it seems like a full tank is good for about 220 miles or so, maybe a bit more.
Eisboch

No grasshopper, you are wrong. Yes grasshopper, you are undoubtably ignorant about many things, this just being one of them. Poor grasshopper, enlightenment can't come to a troll.
Here's a goodie for you M5 fans from the current Roundel...
A current 3-series (might even be with a 5-Series) diesel will out accelerate an M5 in the 50-70 mph range because of the superior torque of the diesel.
I think that is way cool and wish BMW sold their diesels in the U.S.