Maintenance schedule for '03 E46 325i

Ok so they list it as a 750 it's close enough and the 745 was a 4.4 and the 740 is 3.9 I actually meant the V12 sorry about that.

I notice that the Ford Jaguar has to also use a supercharger to anywhere near the torque of the new 535d or even that of the euro 4.0 V8 diesel BMW.

It is such a pity that your gas prices are not near the European prices because US engineers might just start to go smaller with high efficiency.

BTW I absolutely adore the 69-72 Cuda' & Challenger pity they don't go around corners and have that big iron donk up front - the Hemi is nice @ 6MPG

Reply to
Oscar

wrote

The base Cuda had a "slant six" engine that is, in many ways, remarkably similar to the M30 BMW engine. Ranged in size from 170 to 225 cubic inches (about

3.1L to 3.9L).

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

IMHO it dates from the early days of emission control where the mods made to US spec cars did reduce the maximum power output of a European engine - and by quite a margin. These days there is little difference in emissions spec anyway and methods of achieving this are far more sophisticated with consequently less losses.

There are a few more recent examples of US spec BMWs having poorer performance, though. Early 6 cylinder E39 autos (and others) had 4 speed autos rather than the ZF 5 speed which did make a difference to the performance. Why, I've never discovered.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)