metal noise of 530i

Hi BMW owners,
My 530i 94 generate a metallic noise from the bottom, back when the car is running on a bumpy road. It is getting louder and louder as I igored it.
About a month ago, my fuel pump & fuel tank were replaced. The noise started before the replacement.
Can anyone give me an idea what would be wrong before I go the mechancis?
Thanks
If its coming from an area of where the wheel is, it could be your hand brake. Thats actually my problem right now and I am yet to fix it because I need two different torque wrenches that I don't feel like buying. Good luck.

Not quite sure what you mean?
--
*The older you get, the better you realize you were.

Well, as I am guessing, something inside one of my rear brake hubs that is supposed to be a part of the hand brake, fell off and is rattling around the hub. I know it has something to do with the hand brake because I noticed that my left side hand brake is not working the same time I noticed the sound by the left rear wheel. I tried rasing the car in neutral with the hand brake on and I could turn the left rear wheel without much force.
just check the exhausts heat shieldings...
they usually turn loose and start making such noses.
ingo