metal noise of 530i

Hi BMW owners,

My 530i 94 generate a metallic noise from the bottom, back when the car is running on a bumpy road. It is getting louder and louder as I igored it. About a month ago, my fuel pump & fuel tank were replaced. The noise started before the replacement.

Can anyone give me an idea what would be wrong before I go the mechancis?

Thanks

Reply to
Casper Ng

If its coming from an area of where the wheel is, it could be your hand brake. Thats actually my problem right now and I am yet to fix it because I need two different torque wrenches that I don't feel like buying. Good luck.

Reply to
andrey.ivannikov

Not quite sure what you mean?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

just check the exhausts heat shieldings...

they usually turn loose and start making such noses.

ingo

"Casper Ng" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:TWdXe.70$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
Ingo Veltmann

Well, as I am guessing, something inside one of my rear brake hubs that is supposed to be a part of the hand brake, fell off and is rattling around the hub. I know it has something to do with the hand brake because I noticed that my left side hand brake is not working the same time I noticed the sound by the left rear wheel. I tried rasing the car in neutral with the hand brake on and I could turn the left rear wheel without much force.

Reply to
andrey.ivannikov