Metric to English

I'm a brand new BMW owner, this last Sunday. It's a 91 325IC.
I have an owners manual coming in the mail but was wondering if someone could tell me how to get the little info center to read in
English instead of Metric.
Any help would really be appreciated.
Ct Midnite
http://www.geocities.com/ctmidnite53 /
Ct Midnite nospam wrote:

RTFM. It's worth the wait. -- C.R. Krieger (BT, DT)

Do a search on convertor progs for your PC which will convert Metric to Imperial - as well as much else. There are many free ones. Can't give any recommendations as I don't use a PC or a Mac.
Think Google can also do this.
Or something like any Haynes WS manual. They give the methods of conversion.
--
*If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

He's talking about the display.
Jeff

Really? Would help if it was in English. ;-)
--
*Women like silent men; they think they're listening.

That would in fact be Metric or Imperial.

-
I believe it is Metric or American Standard, not imperial.
The options on the button are KM or MLS, and the result is a display that reads distance, speed, temp and consumption rates in metric form, or American standard. Since there is no "imperial" temperature or distance, and Miles Per Gallon is calcualted on a standard gallon, I do not think that "imperial" is one of the mesaurement options.

The folks on the far side of the pond would argue that American Standard in most cases is Imperial. After all, they came before you. They have a longer history of measuring things like distance in miles.
You Americans make me laugh, you have such a small view of the world, you think it's all in your backyard.
I am reminded about a similar situation a while ago. A citizen of the United States of America was standing in a line in London, England, waiting to get in to a theatre. There was much conversation happening, all about the upcoming play. The lady turned to the obviously British person behind her and said, "Can't you foreigners speak American like the rest of us?".

-

in
longer
United
get
Well, an Imperial Gallon is different than a standard gallon, and America is perhaps the largest market in the world that isn't metric, so it makes sense that the options are metric or American Standard.
I, for one, do not pretend that the world is my backyard, but simple marketing strategy says that any multinational company - BMW for example - will cater to American interests if it intends to sell its products here. To pretend that American interests are not important from a marketing perspective is simply absurd.

is
sense
None of which is relevant in the case in point, as the OBC in the E30 has 3 options. Metric, Imperial and 'merican.
To the original poster, look closely at the OBC unit. At the bottom left corner is a small push button that you use a ball point pen to push. Push the MPG button (assuming a US/UK face plate) and then press this little push button with a pen. The display will scroll with each press, from L/100 (litres per 100 kilometres) to M/G (Imperial miles per gallon) to MPG (miles per US gallon)
When you're at the setting you want, press any other button and you're finished. You use the same push button to set the clock and date, in conjunction with the 1000, 100, 10, 1 buttons.
Brett Anderson KMS - Koala Motorsport www.bmw-stuff.com

America
example -

here.
3
Excuse me, I didn't know that. My car has two choices, not three. The third choice would make perfect sense to be imperial.

little
L/100
(miles
Or how about the older American lady, on an Eight European Countries in Eight Days tour, remarked after another attempt to purchase a souvenir, "Why they all just learn English. If it was good enough for Jesus, it should be good enough for everyone."
UK-USA (Two countries separated by a common language)
There is a button that says something to the effect of MPH/KM. Press it.

The manual is in English.
The units are in the system prevailing in most of the world including England, namely System Internaionale. However in deference to the NASA scientists who crashed a half billion dollar satellite due to confusion over the Imperial units they were using (hey is that the empire you LEFT in 1776?) BMW's have a little button to switch between the consistent system and the "two firkin" system you may be used to...
OTOH I still have it show mpg....
A pound [sterling] is a pound [weight - originally of silver] is a [US] pint.
If you are a Unix user search your system for a file called "units".
Hmm, how does that work outside of the UK where, for example, a gallon in the US of A is not the size of a UK (imperial) gallon, since Americano pints are somewhat smaller than imperial pints? Are your miles the same too? For a country that gets it's units the wrong size, maybe a standard system like metric would be the best, or maybe you could supersize the Metre?
<<low price HL1 & HL2 servers for rental>>
<<10 player private clanserver 12 quid!!>>
For removal of doubt, which country is that?
DAS
"Trunky" < snipped-for-privacy@geemail.com> wrote in message
news:sX%de.24807$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
Great Britain aka the United Kingdom.

-
Oh, right. Then I won't make any silly comments about conquering the world in Imperial measure...
Just for the record: strictly, GB is NOT aka the UK. GB is (the greater) part of the UK.
:-) DAS
"Richard Tomkins" < snipped-for-privacy@istop.com> wrote in message
Uh, right you are.
Still, did you not think the story was funny, even if not quite representative of the folks that live south of me.

-
Yes, very.