My 535 has stopped surging and now has died.Please Help

My 535 that I was talking about with the surging just stopped the other day. I drove to a place across town and walked out and it just wouldn't start. Had to get it towed home. Now it has no spark it has power to the coil and the crank position sensor seems to have the right resistance so it seems to be working. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Damien

Reply to
Damien

1989 - check the obvious and if no joy scrap it an buy one ten years younger (at least).
Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

My 525e did a no-start once. It was getting a spark and I couldn't see the problem. It was a bad solder joint on the Motronic DME's main output resistor, the spark was there but was really weak.

Are you getting fuel?

You'd not get a spark if the sensors weren't connected.

Why? The E28 is much better looking and has lees to go wrong. That car has years of good use left :-)

Reply to
John Burns