My Boycott of Big Oil

Well, it has happened. Premium for my X 5 just hit $4. I was waiting for this to happen and then start a boycott of the biggest profiteers, Exxon Mobile.
I know that may effect some of my friends on this list who work for Exxon. I am sorry.
My boycott of Exxon Mobile would be a crusade until they reduce the price of premium to $2. It can be done. Gas prices have little to do with the supply and demand of oil. A barrel of oil is produced in the UAE for $1 (including the all the overheads like the private jets, harems, etc.) The $128 a barrel is simply profit making by the oil companies.
If there is a general boycott of Exxon Mobile...they will reduce the price. Or if we behave the way big oil excepts us to behave (desensitized) then don't be surprised with gas becomes $5
Kind regards,
Gamini Weerasekera
BTW, Ill start using Sams $3.75 for premium. Not that I think Wal- Mart is any better than Exxon, but it is ten bucks cheaper per thankful.
On Tue, 20 May 2008 11:55:56 -0700, gw wrote:

The oil companies have nothing to do with the price of oil... the price of oil is controlled by the oil futures market.
--
I told you this was going to happen.

Well ultimately it is controlled by what consumers are prepared to pay for it, so perhaps in some minscule way the OP's protest will help reduce the price at the pump...

Yes. It will. And in the meantime I am saving money by getting gas at Sams $3.75 for premium. Again, I think Wal-Mart is no better than Exxon, but it is ten bucks cheaper per tank.
As an unscientific poll, anyone out there boycotting Exxon? I got a few replies saying they were already boycotting Exxon after the Valdez fiasco.
gamini

Where does Wal Mart get their gas?

The problem is that boycotting a particular brand of station gives you no assurance that you are boycotting any particular company's actual product, because the oil manufacturers all sell to one another and they all sell to the no-name vendors too. --scott

On Fri, 23 May 2008 11:23:20 +0100, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Keeping in mind two of those consumers are China and India.
--
"Remain calm, we're here to protect you!"

gw wrote:
Blah--blah---blah...

Gamini (what kinda name is that anyway) - have you met JennyJenny, she has just the answer for'ya:
==================================================================More and more people are today using water fuel technology in their vehicles not only to save on fuel costs, but also to provide a boost to the running efficiency of the vehicle http://tbmcars.googlepages.com/conversion_kits_to_make_car_run_on_water ================================================================== There'ya go. Since you believe anything you do will have any effect on the price of crude oil - I'm sure you'll believe you can run your car on water...
Have at it..

Bush was an oilman backed by the gas companies to boost the price of gas, and boy has he exceeded their expectations!