Nakamichi 6 CD changer

Hello, I have a 2001 BMW 530i with Navigation system. I have a Nakamichi 6 CD changer installed in the glove compartment. It is a very tricky proposition - to load and unload CD's, but I got the car used. Two CD's got stuck in the spindle when trying to eject and the unit does not function. I have 2 questions:

  1. any reliable mechanic who can fix the problem? my local dealer doesnt service it. one place i contacted online says 0 to repair. a new unit costs around 0.
  2. will any other CD changer fit this car? The wiring is sweet - its plug and play and we were able to remove the unit out easily. But even my local dealer will not tell me if any other changer can be installed other than the nakamichi.

Thanks, Sita

Reply to
sita.krishnakumar