nasty bmw crash

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/everybodylikepi/?action=view&current=m3flipmp4.flv

Amazing how the car takes the knocks.. hope the driver was ok !
What the hell was that big berm doing there in the grassy area? The track owners should be at fault for this one.
JimmyG wrote:

That is there for the stunt team demonstration during the lunch break ;)
The track

Anyone know what track that is? First impression was Lime Rock, but I've never been there, and can't imagine a ramp like that at a US track.
waffled on about something:

I would guess that the "ramp" is actually the side of a drainage ditch... Still, not the most sensible place to put one!
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

Dodgy wrote:

Actually, I think there was a service road or something there.
JimmyG wrote:

Track owners? What about the idiot (with the in-car camera) that rammed him from behind, which started the whole mess?
At any pre-race driver's meeting they'll tell you: "When at full speed on the straight, do not ram the car ahead of you. This is not NASCAR."
sunderland wrote:

Well, true, but when you are in a spec class, running in a bunch down a straight, that's about as hair-raising as anything I've done. You are watching the guy in front of your bumper, and through his glass, the guy in front of him. While watching the track, and keeping tabs on the cars either side of you, and watching the tach, shifting. You are also looking for a dip of the head, hand movement etc to indicate who is going for the brakes first. If it's the guy in front of you, and you don't know him well enough to spot the signs, or otherwise know when he will brake for that turn, you are probably going to tap him or worse. Those are expensive cars in that video, in a very competitive series. I doubt an amateur would be there.

That berm is a new addition to Mid Ohio, this year. Early in the year, they added two sections of track that allow them to run the main course, minus the key hole, and run the key hole as a seperate track.
The berm is to prevent someone skidding off one track, into the other.
Prior to this modification, done just a few months ago, Joey could have gathered up the car and kept going straight, bypassing the kink and re-entering the track a couple of hundred metres down the back straight.
I'm sure the track modifications seemed like a good idea at the time....
Brett Anderson KMS - Koala Motorsport
kaptain kaos wrote:

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/everybodylikepi/?action=view&current=m3flipmp4.flv that'll buff right out
waffled on about something:

What a great demonstration of crumple zones and the passenger safety cell in action.
I wonder where the engine landed... :-/
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/everybodylikepi/?action=view&current=m3flipmp4.flv According to Zone Alarm, this is a 'spyware site' so I didn't go there.
I think you are the only one, zone alarm sucks, and obviously everyone else saw it just fine!