need advice on supercharger for e39

http://www.koperformance.com/BMW/turbo_superchargers/vf_engineering/vf_enginnering_supercharger_for_e39_528_and_530.htm
hello, found the above from a bmw e39 website.
I am curious about adding approx 100 more HP to car, but wondering if this will be reliable? Has anyone here done this? Should I look at taking any precautions for cooling the engine with this? I already know (it's a very common complaint) the cooling systems in E39 are mediocre at best. This is what concerns me. The dealer just put in a new radiator.
It's this or I'm getting a Kawasaki vulcan 2000 or Honda vtx 1800.
Thanks,
Oskar
In article

The only thing that's 'mediocre' about the cooling systems on some models is the actual life of some parts. Don't think the capacity is a problem.
--
*Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

The UK really has very little to offer as a challenge to an automobile cooling system.

You're lucky!! I'm in Houston, TX. During summers it hot as hell here!! Very humid (usually 90% or more) and hot (usually over 100 F). This is approx 37 C.
Is that hot enough for you??
Oskar
ps. so no one has seen superchargers on BMW? I'm really leaning towards motorcycles now. I don't want to mess up my engine!!

Are you claiming BMWs with the cooling system in good condition overheat in the hotter parts of the US?
Or just making a jingoistic comment?
--
*Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Took a delightful trip to west Texas & Big Bend in our Z4. Although the July temps were over 105o F, the AC performed flawlessly.
Tom K.

Wow! you mean you have actually found a way of getting the A/C to work with the top down in a convertible?
If so why buy a conv' and if a conv' why A/C?
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 18:12:29 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@h-gee.co.uk wrote:

Because sometimes it's just too blazingly hot to have the top down?
--
Dan.

Of course - but we only use it top down when stopped in traffic. When the temps get over about 90, there's a magic button BMW has provided on the dash which erects the top.

If you have to ask, I can't explain it to you!

First, because when the top is up it's much like a coupe and second, BMW won't sell any car in the U. S. without A/C. As a matter of fact, the new 1 series cabrio has a special top down mode for the climate control system.
Hugh, you really need to experience American heat and humidity for yourself so you wouldn't have to ask such questions. Try Houston, New Orleans or Washington, DC in July for starters.
Tom K.

Tom
I know - I used to live in FL - small town called Apopka to the then NW of Orlando - now swallowed by urban sprawl.
Just wanted to josh you all a bit. Last time I was over there I had a Camaro conv and hardly had the hood down - I wanted a hard top but one wasn't available and I didn't want the sebring conv but it did have more trunk space than the Chevy.
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 15:53:07 -0500, "Tom K."

Same goes for the base model Mustang and those godawful Mitsubishi Eclipses.
--
Dan.

Works great... just set the GPS device for "Halifax, Nova Scotia" and keep driving until you reach the proper temperature.
If you're in the UK, you could try "St. Petersburg, Russia" instead. --scott