Need good input on tires

Page 3 of 3
John Carrier wrote:

No, just once. I have no idea what happened the other two times, but the kids have a strong resemblance to the mailman.
--
-Fred W

said in rec.autos.driving:

Fred, unlike many of the bozos on this and similar groups, you have 24K sense of humor. My hats off to you and the marvelous woman you wed.
R / John
John Carrier wrote:

yeah, she's one lucky biotch, eh? ;-)
--
-Fred W

Luckier than Oscar's "wife," that's for sure...
--
Dan.

AMEN! OBTW, today's the 38th anniversary. Got it right the first time.
R / John

LOL!!! Yeah, my Corvette has a kiddie seat in the rear hatch area. :)

Surely you know that you're the exception and not the rule.

One doesn't NEED a minivan - an SUV will also work. :)
--
MFFYCam Videos Galore: http://www.geocities.com/mffycam /

Scott, I think you've known me for years in R.A.D (this crossposted to alt.autos.bmw, too), so you should know better than to ask - at least of me. This is my *fourth* E28, and the newest one yet (an '88 ... and they didn't build 'em later than that). I can't see me loving any other car as much as I do the E28 535is. Even after driving my wife's '02 Jag X-Type 3.0 Sport 5-speed (a *really* fun car in itself!), when I climb back into my BMW, I am 'at home'. So, there won't be a 'new one' in my foreseeable future unless it's another E28.
As you can see by what she drives, my wife would be the last one forcing me into a Toyota *again*. We drove them for the 14 years we needed dead reliable economical transportation and now - well, life's too short to drive boring cars. My last Toyota was an FX-16 - a pocket rocket disguised as a little black 3-door Japanese snotbox.
Finally, we won't be having "another kid". And my 10-y-o daughter loves the old BMW because she gets to sit in the front. No air bags.
That cover it for ya? -- C.R. Krieger Been there; done that

Well, I was really asking a general question and not necessarily to you specifically. However, I don't think I knew what kind of car you drove (or I just never paid attention).

Sure. And, if worse comes to worst, you could always go by the nym of "Motorhead Lawyer." :)
--
MFFYCam Videos Galore: http://www.geocities.com/mffycam /

I'm running Yokohama AS430 in 235-45-17 and love them. Far better that the pirellis they replaced for handling, ride and noise.

Get round ones.

We put Bridgestone Potenzas on in November, and I really like them. They were a little greasy for the first 200 miles, but now they're fine. Very good in the rain as well as the dry.
--
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Cool. Glad to hear you found a satisfactory product.
I forgot to mention that I have Yoko AVS ES100s on the Porsche and are happy with them (except in the snow, when I have to switch to winter tires,) but I guess it's a little late now...
nate