Need Help! 1988 735i -Coolant Leaking inside car, Heater Core?

I have some coolant leaking inside my 1988 7351 BMW, a friend said it could be the heater core, can anyone help? Is this a self fix or needs to go to the dealer?

situation. Replacing a heater core can be difficult and time consuming. On the other hand, the task on some cars is rather easy. It all depends on what you have to remove to get at it.
Jim

Thank you Jim for taking time to reply. I will double check the hose connection.
have some

the engine compartment. If this is the case with your car, then it is highly unlikely that a bad hose connection is causing your problem.
Jim
Hello Chris, It is a very time consuming job on the e32. If you are not to worried about having heat you can bypass the heater core. Simply take the 2 coolant hoses that go into the firewall which go into the heater core and join them together with a connector and 2 clamps. Other wise you will have to replace it. The part is around $300 and labor will be another $400 at least.. Good Luck. :)